Friday, September 5, 2014

{come swiftly, sweet fall}

I am swooning over Fall 2014 trends. I'm ready to check my weather app and see cool, blazer-permitting temps. I want to share some of my favorite expected trends, and hear what you guys think, too. 

First, let's talk menswear.

I have always been a sucker for oversized coats and blazers, and now I can do so while playing with classic menswear prints. The plaids, a classic houndstooth... It's all fair game. Here are some examples:

Lea Michele in a Mason by Michelle Mason sweater 
Express graphic plaid columnist ankle pants here

Just Female dogtooth oversized coat on ASOS here
I had to include Sophia. She always looks darling.



Next, the 60s. 

For years I have always been drawn to 60s fashion. It's My favorite decade for many reasons, including fun graphic and print possibilities. Couple that with heavy bangs or a classic 60s pony, and this is definitely a trend to be on the lookout for. Super pumped.

Emma Stone in a Stella McCartney shift dress
Blake Lively in Michael Kors shift dress from his 2015 Resort collection.
The one and only Hannah Simone rocking some heavy fringe bangs.

Floral.and.everything.

Many times, I pair floral with opposite patterns, fall in love, put it on the next morning, then chicken out; however, that is NOT happening this season. I am in love with combining floral and stripes. It's just busy enough to catch eyes, but still holds some continuity and pretty definition of a feminine figure. One of my favorites, Sophia Bush, captures what I'm trying to convey perfectly. 
Sophia Bush in Sportmax.
Nicole Richie puts her own spin on mixing patterns.


I don't have to lose my crop tops? 

No ma'am, you sure don't. So before you go to packing up those crops in their respectable summer storage tub, check it. I'm not one for a skin show as I run all of my errands or pull my carry on down from the baggage compartment on the plane, so I'm all about the slight crop that provides a classic yet appealing look. Throw a blazer on top and here we are, dressing up nicely to welcome in fall. 
Jessica Stams knows what's up with her splash of color crop top.
Rita Ora owns this look.
Hailee Steinfeld... Need I say more?

I could go on and on about what's to come, but these are just some of my faves. So get out there and put your spin on these trending looks. Fashion is art. Your interpretation of what you see rising up as a trend allows you to stay in the loop, while remaining entirely true to yourself. 

Happy fall, y'all.
Tori

No comments:

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner